In a large bowl, mix together:
a) 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
b) 3 Tablespoons of Canola Oil
c) 3 Teaspoons of Vanilla
d) 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
e) 1/3 cup of Honey or Maple Syrup
f) 1/3 cup of Coconut Sugar or light brown sugar
g) 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
h) 2 Tablespoons of Flaxseed Meal (optional but amazing)
* Stir in 4 cups of oats (not quick-cooking) into the bowl.
* Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out granola evenly on the pan. Should be a little sticky. Bake on 350 for 15 minutes. Use convection if you have it on 325.
* Pour mixture back into the mixing bowl and add whatever you like (or nothing):
- 1-2 cups of any assortment of chopped dried fruits, seeds and/or nuts (apricots, cherries, raisins, apples, prunes, walnuts)
- ¼ cup of coconut
- 2 Tablespoons more of honey or maple syrup (should still be a little sticky)
- Spread back on baking sheet and bake on 350 for another 15 minutes. Take out of oven if getting too brown.
- Let it cool in the pan. Store in Ziploc bags leaving large chunks.
Note: Not a fan of nuts but want the Omega 3’s? Crush walnuts or almonds into small pieces or powder.
How Can the Kids Help?
- Pick out the dried fruit, nuts and seeds
- Mix all the ingredients
- Pour onto the tray
- Taste test!