This granola is so addicting and so much cheaper to make than to buy. Play around with the recipe to make it your own!
- In a large bowl, mix together:
- 6 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil (melted)
- 3 Teaspoons of Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of Honey or Maple Syrup (or mix both)
- 1/3 cup of Coconut Sugar or date sugar (or any sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Flaxseed Meal (optional but amazing)
2. Stir in 4 cups of oats (not quick-cooking) into the bowl.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out granola evenly on the pan. Should be a little sticky. Bake on 350 for 15 minutes. Use convection if you have it on 325.
4. Pour mixture back into the mixing bowl and add whatever you like (or nothing):
- 1/2 to 1 cup of any assortment of chopped dried fruits, seeds and/or nuts (apricots, cherries, raisins, apples, prunes, walnuts)
- ¼ cup of coconut
- 2 Tablespoons more of honey or maple syrup (should still be a little sticky so it doesn’t completely crumble when cooked)
- Spread back on baking sheet and bake on 350 for another 15 minutes. Take out of oven if getting too brown.
- Let it cool in the pan. Store in Ziploc bags leaving large chunks.
Note: Are your kids not a fan of big nuts but want the protein and health fat? Crush walnuts or almonds into tiny pieces or powder.
How Can the Kids Help?
- Pick out the dried fruit, nuts and seeds
- Mix all the ingredients
- Pour onto the tray
- Taste test!