15 Minute Meals and 3 Minute Abs
Dinner-time comes at roughly the same time each night – so can you tell me why there are some nights we look at the clock in complete and utter shock, “Oh my god! It’s dinner-time, what are we going to do?!?”. Imagine waking up one day, “Oh no! It’s Christmas Eve and I haven’t bought a single present!”. The shock of dinner-time sneaks up on all of us and it happened to me tonight. So I looked in my freezer and whipped this up with just a few ingredients in just 15 (not 30) minutes. I guarantee it was faster than chicken nuggets and mac n’ cheese and required the same number of dishes. I just wish I could get the same amazing results with 3 Minute Abs.
Pasta with Chicken/Sausage
- Cook ¾ box of gluten-free Pasta (add lots of salt to the water). Reserve about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Take the meat out of the casing of 4 Italian Chicken Sausages (I only had 3 so I cut up a single chicken breast and added it in).
- Fry the sausage/chicken breaking into small pieces until it is cooked through.
- Add meat to pot with cooked pasta. Add about ½ cup of pasta water and ¼ cup of parmesan cheese (fresh basil if you have it). Stir and serve!
Note: You can cook some veggies with the meat (e.g., mushrooms, peppers, tomatoes). Add salt/pepper and herbs to taste (e.g., parsley, basil). The flavor from organic Italian sausage alone was amazing!
How the Kids Can Help
- Choose the pasta you will cook
- Add salt to the pasta water
- Identify some veggies to add to the meat
- Taste the pasta to see if it’s cooked
- Set the table/fill the drinks
Did You Know?
- The family meal helps pre-schoolers develop better language skills (they may hear different words used at the table than they heard during the day).
- The link between processed foods and cancer is being proven more every day.
- Create Food Flexibility in your Family! Life is so much easier when everyone eats the same healthy meal.