Here’s my goal – get rid of the Kid’s Menu at all restaurants! I propose that all restaurants offer ½ portion meals at ½ price for their child patrons. The restaurant could also offer a toddler some pasta or steamed veggies with butter or some grilled chicken. This not only helps your child, it also helps the restaurant build goodwill with their customers. Don’t be afraid to ask your waiter to make something simple for your kids even if they do have a kid’s menu. This is so easy if your children are accustomed to fresh, simply prepared food at home. I love the fact that my kids love the same restaurants we do. Why limit yourself to TGIFridays when you could go to your favorite Italian or Sushi place!
Herb Chicken/Veggie Udon Dinner (20 minutes)
I always try to use up everything in my fridge on Thursday nights. I lay it all out on the counter and start thinking. Tonight I had 1 red pepper, 1 head of broccoli, some chicken breasts and a few mushrooms. Any veggies will do and you can make this without the chicken. Here’s what I whipped up:
- Boil a package of gluten-free udon noodles in salted water.
- Sautee 2 cloves of garlic and 2 shallots in EV Olive oil until clear.
- Optional: pour about ½ cup of white wine and scrape the pan – let cook off for 2 mins.
- Add chopped veggies and a splash of chicken broth. Cover a cook for 8-10 mins. until tender.
- Add some salt/pepper and herbs (I chopped some parsley, basil, rosemary/thyme) – fresh or a dash of dried.
- Drain the pasta (save some liquid) and pour the veggies in the pasta pot.
- Cut up the chicken and add salt/pepper. Cook chicken on Med/High in same pan used to cook veggies. Turn and continue cooking until no longer pink in center about 6-7 mins. Add a little chicken broth and scrape bottom.
- Pour the pasta and veggies into the chicken and stir. Add a little pasta liquid or chicken broth to thicken. Top with some grated cheese.
*Note: For the pasta, I used flat brown rice Udon noodles. The kids loved it (so did we)!
Hey very cool site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I am happy to find numerous useful information here in the post, we need develop more strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .