Note: We went to the California Grill at the top of the Contemporary Hotel at Disney. The chef is known as the best female sushi chef in the country and the food is fabulous! Even better, the kids could order off the adult menu as part of the Deluxe food plan. Mia ordered the california roll and sea bass and Mac ate the tuna roll and ravioli with goat cheese….not bad. Too bad they also eat adult deserts!
NY STRIP STEAK: On sale at Fresh Market this week, this meat is hormone free and delicious. Pour a drop of EV Olive Oil, salt/pepper, garlic and Herbs de Provence (or Basil and Tarragon) on both sides. Grill on high first then reduce heat to cook through.
Oops! No gas in the grill – I broiled it in the oven for 10 minutes and it came out great!
Red Roasted Potatoes: Peel the potatoes a little bit (leave some red for color) and cube. Toss potatoes with EVOO, garlic and rosemary. I love to add chopped shallots (or try shallot salt) and of course lots of salt and dash of pepper. Spread out onto parchment-lined (and sprayed) baking sheet and cook at 400 for approximately 30-45 minutes until golden brown. You can also toss and cook directly in a baking dish but the potatoes do stick a bit.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts: Wash and cut the tops of the brussel sprouts off and then cut them in half. Spray your baking dish and toss the brussel sprouts with EVOO, salt/pepper (add the leftover chopped shallots) and Rosemary or Herbs de Provence. Bake on 400 for approximately 30 mins. until cooked through and a little brown on top. Stir them around to evenly coat and brown.
Tomato/Avocado Salad: Toss tomato, avocado and mozzarella together with EVOO, salt/pepper, and red wine vinegar (add a little rice vinegar for sweetness).
Set and clear the table
- Sprinkle meat with seasoning
- Peel red potatoes and help pour/spread onto baking sheet (help cut them too if old enough)
- Spray baking dish for brussel sprouts and add herbs
- Rinse tomatoes and sprinkle salt/pepper
- Color activity pages: http://www.edupics.com/en-coloring-pictures-pages-photo-brussels-sprouts-i5775.html
- How do brussel sprouts grow?: http://aboutgardening.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/brussel_sprout_igor.jpg
- How to grow your own potatoes?: http://www.potato2008.org/en/kids/grow.html
thats a great post, keep writing